- Connect from a USB-C port that utilizes “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” functionality to a DisplayPort compatible display with a single 6ft/1.8m long adapter cable
- Support for resultions up to 3840×2160@60Hz (4K). Plug and Play; no software installation required. Compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows on supported systems
- Compatible with Retina MacBook 12″ 2015 / 2016, MacBook Pro (Late 2016), Chromebook Pixel 2015, Dell XPS 13 & 15 (6th gen / late 2015-2016), Lenovo P50 & P70, and future laptops, tablets, & desktops which comply with the VESA “DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C Connector Standard”
- Requires USB-C port which supports “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” (not all USB-C ports/systems support Alternate Mode functionality) or Thunderbolt 3 port. Please note the Apple 12″ MacBook only supports up to 4K@30Hz. See additional compatibility information below
- We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1 year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Plugable’s USB-C to DisplayPort adapter allows you to connect a DisplayPort display to your laptop, tablet, or desktop which supports USB-C “DisplayPort Alternate Mode” (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode technology utilizes a direct pipeline to the graphics processor in your system, and your connected monitor will function and perform as a natively attached display
Support for resultions up to 3840×2160@60Hz (4K) on DisplayPort compatible displays
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the MacBook Retina 12″ 2015 / 2016, MacBook Pro (late 2016), Chromebook Pixel 2015 (using Chrome OS and Arch Linux), the Gigabyte “GA-Z170X-Gaming 7”, “GA-Z170X-Gaming GT” and “GA-Z170X-UD5 TH” Alpine Ridge based Thunderbolt 3 motherboards, Dell XPS 9350 / 9550, Lenovo P50 and Lumia 950 / 950 XL (Lumia output is limited to 720P).
Note: Apple has limited the 4K abilities of the 12″ MacBook to only support 30Hz.
Adapter supports MST, but MST must be supported by host and displays to function.
For additional compatibility information, please see plugable.com/usbc-dp
Most current phones and Android tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
Motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output; only one Alt Mode adapter supported per system.
In the Bag
Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort adapter (6ft/1.8m)