- Supports Key Stage 2 of the National Curriculum
- Follows the latest Government Numeracy and Literacy initiatives
- Provides a complete learning programme, across all the vital subjects – reading, writing, maths and the world around us
- Children win stickers for correct answers, encouraged by a lively host, making the disc extremely motivating
- Progress reports chart children’s progress in each of the topics
- Features up to 300 exercises written by experienced teachers
- For ages 7-8
Developed with experienced teachers, this disc provides the essential literacy and numeracy skills to help your child excel. Learning Ladder Year 3 is step three of Dorling Kindersley’s powerful curriculum-based learning system. Woody the pencil takes children on an incredible learning adventure involving: Stimulating Activities ò A Huge Variety of Fun Exercises ò Screens that Monitor Progress.
- Reading & Writing ò Alphabet Order ò Phonics & Spelling ò Writing Words ò Writing Sentences ò Vocabulary Development ò Basic Grammar ò Reading Different Texts
- Numbers & Shapes:- Reading & Writing Numbers ò Ordering Numbers ò Place Value ò Adding & Subtracting ò Multiplying & Dividing ò Shapes & Their Properties ò Patterns & Symmetry
- The World Around You:- Time – Clocks & Calendars ò Ordering Events ò Position ò Direction & Movement ò Maps ò Science ò Sorting Objects ò Nature & Living Things
- Learning Ladder Year 3 supports the following:- National Curriculum in England, Wales and Northern Ireland ò Scottish 5-14 Curriculum Framework ò Irish Primary Curriculum
Learning Ladder Year 3 is another excellent product from Dorling Kindersley. This CD-ROM is packed with a good range of activities tailored to support the Year 3 school curriculum. Children can navigate their way around the playroom, looking for fun activities. These include the printing machine, which they can use to create their own labels, invitations and cards.
Children can then improve their literacy, numeracy and science skills by undertaking a wide range of activities that help to consolidate Year 3 work. Children can, for example, choose correct word endings, solve addition and subtraction problems, label skeletons and identify correct habitats for animals. These are just a few of the carefully thought out and clearly explained activities here.
Children should be able to use this program independently. They are rewarded with stickers for each activity they complete correctly and will enjoy collecting these and putting them in their own sticker album.
Learning Ladder Year 3 would be an excellent buy for any Year 3 child. It consolidates the learning that is taking place at school and develops children’s competence on the computer. —Amanda York