- Active adapter enables you to connect a Mini DisplayPort video output from your laptop, tablet, or desktop PC to HDMI-equipped displays, HDTVs, and projectors
- Supports resolutions up to 3840×2160 (4K) Ultra-HD@60Hz, 1080P@120Hz. Supports 8-channel LPCM and HBR audio up to 192kHz sample rate
- AMD Eyefinity compatible. VESA (DisplayPort) certified. Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards
- Will convert from Mini DisplayPort to HDMI only. Not a bi-directional adapter. Note that source device and attached display must support the desired reolution/mode – adapter will not allow use of resolutions which are not supported by the source or display. Thunderbolt compatible. Please see additional notes regarding Apple compatibility below
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Plugable’s Mini DisplayPort to HDMI active adapter allows you to connect the Mini DisplayPort output on your laptop, PC, or tablet to virtually any HDMI-enabled display. With an internal pixel clock capable of running at up to 594MHz, Plugable’s MDP-HDMI active adapter supports resolutions up to 4K when using a compatible system and display. Most other adapters are “passive” (also known as “level-shifters” or “Type 1 adapters”) which often have a maximum pixel clock of 165MHz and only allow resolutions up to 1920×1200. CompatibilityConverts mDP source to HDMI display – will not convert in the opposite direction.Supports video modes up to 4K and up to 8-channel LPCM/HBR audio. Maximum available resolution is determined by your computer and display. Adapter will not allow resolutions above what your PC or HDMI display are capable of.AMD Eyefinity compatible. VESA (DisplayPort) certified. Thunderbolt compatible. Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards.Supports HDCP content protection. Note that all other devices in the playback chain must be HDCP compliant for playback of protected content such as Blu-ray.Compatible with the new MS Surface Pro 4, Surface Book & Surface Pro 2 & Pro 3 sytems (not Surface RT), Intel NUC systems w/ mDP, Dell XPS w/ mDP, Carbon X1, & many others.Apple Notes
Works well on most Apple systems with Thunderbolt or Mini DisplayPort output.
Please be aware that with an OS X Mavericks update (10.9 and later) Apple disabled 4K output on the vast majority of prevous Mac models. For a list of 4K-compatible Mac systems, please reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856
Audio will not be passed through the adapter to the HDMI display on Macs. Samsung U28D590D not compatible with Mac systems.In the BagPlugable Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 Active Adapter